So I was browsing my freshly pressed page when I came across this on one of the blogs I follow Book Tasty. So me being the book nerd i am went and googled this survey. I found so many blogs that featured it just seemed like something fun to do so here it goes. (also this post is hosted by The Perpetual Page Turner)
Best Books of 2013
1. Best book you read in 2013?
This is a hard one because I have read so many wonderful books this year its hard for me to pick one. If I had to pick one Book I would pick The Nightmare Affair By Mindee Arnett. It was by far the best paranormal YA I have read by far.
2. Book you were excited about and thought you were going to love more but didn’t?
This is a question i loathe to answer because I always find it heart breaking when I don’t love a book that I have picked up to read. There were two that left me kind of like ok that just happened. They were the following:
- Spellbinding By Maya Gold: I really thought this was going to be a great book when I read the synopsis but it bored me and took me to long to read it. The story had great potential I just felt it was missing something.
- Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz: This book was recommended to me by multiple people. So I decided that I would check it out I don’t regret reading this but I really expected it to be better. For me it was as though I was reading gossip girl turned vampires. This book wasnt at the bottom of my list but it definitely isn’t on the top but I do plan on finishing the series next year hopefully
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013?
These books were surprising to me because I have never been a huge fan of the Dystopian genre but these three were amazing. These are series that I look forward to finishing. They are also books that have made me want to try out other series that are similar.
4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013?
It would depend on the genre you were asking me to recommend but if I had to pick I would recomend
5. Best series you discovered in 2013?
I discovered a few new series this year that I loved if I had to pick one that I loved and am dying to finish I would have to say. The Chicagoland Vampires. Chloe Niell is amazing The series has humor, Romance, Sexual tension and well a great heroine that is someone relatable.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013?
I don’t want to pick just one because it would be to hard:
- Cassandra Clare
- Chloe Niell
- Jolene Perry
- Lauren Morrill
- Lauren Oliver
- Jessica Shirvington
- Lauren Kate
The list can go on but these are just a few that I discovered this year and loved beyond words.
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Before I Fall. I had a hard time at first when I started listening to this book I was not that into it but then I was encouraged by a fellow blogger to keep listening to it and so I did I was so very happy that I did.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?
The Daughter of Smoke & Bone By Lani Taylor
9. Book You Read In 2013 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?
I have three and that’s after narrowing down.
- Emblaze i love this cover simply because of the colors and the way they made the angel wings.
- City of bones I love because well its Jace and I love me some Jace
- City of Glass is becasue I love that they give “subastian” angel wings.
11. Most memorable character in 2013?
I would have to say William Hornedale. I adored him in the Infernal Devices series. He is your typical bad boy with a twist.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?
Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill. This book made me fall in love with love.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013?
Heartbeat By Elizabeth Scott. This book made me think about things that i had never even thought about before. I loved every moment with this book.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited until 2013 to finally read?
Beautiful Creatures By Margaret Stohl and Kamie Garcia. I waited till after i watched the movie like most people recommended i am glad that I did because I am a purists when it comes to books becoming movies.
15. Favorite passage/quote from a book you read in 2013?
“Are you getting your period?” She narrows her eyes.
No! God. I hate that. I hate when every negative act is blamed on your period.” Sometimes bitchiness is just bitchiness, happily unattached to anything hormonal. It should get full credit.”
― Deb Caletti, The Nature of Jade
16. Shortest and longest book you read in 2013?
17. Book that had a scene in it that had you reeling and dying to talk to somebody about it?
City of Glass By Cassandra Clare. When you learn the truth about Clary and Jace
18. Favorite relationship from a book you read in 2013?
Pushing The Limits By Katie McGarry
19. Favorite book you read in 2013 from an author you’ve read previously?
The Unidentified Redhead By Alice Clayton
20. Best book you read in 2013 that you read based solely on the recommendation of somebody else?
Morganville Vampires books 1-4. A friend of mine recommended this to me when I couldn’t find a book that i wanted to read a couple of years ago and I finally got around to reading them.
21. Genre you read the most from in 2013?
Paranormal/ Urban Fantasy.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013?
Nick Colt From Need By Carrie Jones…. He’s a wolf how could I resist
23. Best 2013 debut you read?
Hooked By Liz Fichera
24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013?
I would have to say The Hero’s of Olympus Series by Rick Rioridan. I love how he brings mythology to life.
25. Book that was the most fun to read in 2013?
Dash and Lilly’s Book of Dares. I loved this book so much because it was just fun to listen to.
26. Book that made you cry or nearly cry in 2013?
Pushing the Limits By Katie McGarry. This book was just great I hardly had words to describe how much i loved it.
27. Book you read in 2013 that you think got overlooked this year or when it came out?
Invisible This is a great book that makes you think about things you normally wouldn’t think about.
Relating to the Book Blogging Life
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2013?
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2013?
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
I really don’t have answer for this one lol
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I actually just did my first Blog Tour recently which was exciting. It was for Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott
5. Best moment of book blogging/your book life in 2013?
When I received my First ARC. was pretty exciting for me 😀
6. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
7. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
8. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Yes I actually completed all four that I set for my self 🙂
Regarding Looking Ahead to 2014
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2013 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2014?
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2014 (non-debut)?
The Nightmare Deilemma By Mindee Arenett
3. 2014 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
4. Series Ending You Are Most Anticipating in 2014?
House of Night I feel like it’s a bitter-sweet ending for me because I have moments that I love this series and then loath it.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2014?
I’m hoping to complete all the challenges i have signed up for this year and just continue to blog. It is something I enjoy doing.
Happy New Year!!!