Series: Unknown( I read on Melissa Marr’s site that it is supposed to be a series)
Author: Melissa Marr
Read By:James Marsters( aka Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Edition:Digital Audio Book
Length:8 hours 5 minutes 3 seconds
Published:September 4, 2012
Age Group:14 & Up
Description of the Book:In a city of daimons, rigid class lines separate the powerful from the power-hungry. And at the heart of The City is the Carnival of Souls, where both murder and pleasure are offered up for sale. Once in a generation, the carnival hosts a deadly competition that allows every daimon a chance to join the ruling elite. Without the competition, Aya and Kaleb would both face bleak futures–if for different reasons. For each of them, fighting to the death is the only way to try to live.
All Mallory knows of The City is that her father–and every other witch there–fled it for a life in exile in the human world. Instead of a typical teenage life full of friends and maybe even a little romance, Mallory scans quiet streets for threats, hides herself away, and trains to be lethal. She knows it’s only a matter of time until a daimon finds her and her father, so she readies herself for the inevitable. While Mallory possesses little knowledge of The City, every inhabitant of The City knows of her. There are plans for Mallory, and soon she, too, will be drawn into the decadence and danger that is the Carnival of Souls.
From Melissa Marr, bestselling author of the Wicked Lovely series and Graveminder, comes a brand-new tale of lush secrets, dark love, and the struggle to forge one’s own destiny.
Pre-Read: This book seems to be interesting. Ive been wanting to read her work for awhile. Also plus SPIKE IS READING IT!!!!
- I want to know what a daimon is
- Awe thats a true mother’s love
- Love the sacrifice
- Wow she has grown up fact
- This storyline is so cool
- Kaleb is a daimon WTH
- OMG Aya got caught 0.0
- Ok I was wrong
- This book is pretty cool
- So a Daimon is a demon or Monster??? I can’t figure it out. Maybe a shifter?
- Wow Malory’s dad is crazy
- I like the mask
- Belias is alive WTH
- hahaha The salem witch trials
- I love that the love interest just entered right now
- I wonder if Malory & Kaleb are mates??
- I like Kaleb he’s cool
- Mallory needs to think clearly
- Aya is confusing
- Damn Aya is crazy but smart
- I’m not fond of Adam
- Wow wasnt expecting what just happened to happen
- Awe Belias loved her & Aya loved him
- I wonder what Adam would think if he knew that his sister had a child
- Who is Marc
- Hahaha I knew who that was just kidding
- Yay bel now knows shes part Daimon
- Marchosias is scary
- This last chapter is so interesting. For Kaleb to see Belias
- Aya has a lot of dram in her life
- Wow Adam’s sister is a bitch
- Poor Malory her life just fell apart
- I wonder if they will get Adam or not????
So this is the first book I’ve read by Melissa Marr. I really enjoyed it. This book left me asking questions and really excited for the next book in this series. I love how Adam who shouldn’t love Mallory because of what she is but he does love her. Then you have Kaleb who has a connection with Mallory but can’t act on it really because of her ignorance. All of the characters have some kind of connection that allows the story to be tied together. I love how Melissa Marr made the life in the carnival. This is a wonderful series with lots of action and emotion. This is a fun read/Listen. I recommend it to any one who loves paranormal fantasy novels. It is an amazing book.
Rating:4 out of 5