Series:The Mortal Instruments
Publisher:Margret K. McElderly Book
Age Group:14 & Up
Description of the Book:To save her mother’s life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters—never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.
As Clary uncovers more about her family’s past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he’s willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City—whatever the cost?
Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the third installment of bestselling series the Mortal Instruments.
Pre-Read: I want to know if Clary’s mom is going to wake up! Someone told me this book would make me happy! I can’t wait to see!
- I’m back in my why can’t Jace and Clary be together mode. The thing is im only on page 8.
- I cant believe he called her his little sister darn him
- Luke is an amazing person taking care of Clary the way he does
- I love that Simon didn’t agree with Jace about leaving Clary Behind
- Clary is anything if not determined
- Sebastian gives me the creeps
- Alice is a snob!
- Wow Jace is such an ASS!
- Sebastian feels off to me for some reason
- I love that Jace is always trying to protect Clary even though he hurts her a majority of the time.
- I think I Know why Simon can walk in the daylight
- I am proud of Jace for confronting Alex about his feelings. I may have sucked but i think it needed to be done
- OK so I’m worried that Sebastian is evil he gives off that kind of vibe
- I want to read valentine’s notebooks
- OMG No freaking way
- I’m sorry I don’t believe that. Jace is to awesome for that to be true 😦
- DAmn Luke is the most amazing Werewolf ever!
- Ugh Sebastian is just creepy
- I knew it he Radiated BAd guy! The evil jerk. So hate him
- I love Jace he is so romantic even if he is Clary’s brother
- Simon had a thing for Izzy! 0.0
- My dream came true thank you Cassandra Claire!
- Ok never expected that!
- Ok Valentine is a twisted bastard
- No Jace…. Why Now! Ok Cassandra that’s just fifty shades of messed up!
- I am so much more in love with this series then I was before!
Overall Thoughts: This was the nest book by far the best in the series. I loves every moment of it. Cassandra Clare is amazing . This Series is amazing. I can’t believe that all of the things that happened in this book happened. I was so happy by time I got to part three of this book. There were so many great parts in this story there are no words. Clary was amazing this book shows how truly strong she is. You get to experience Jace at his weakest with all the conflict and turmoil he is facing. Then you get to see what loss truly does to each of them. I was so impressed with the third book in the mortal instruments series. I got so much more than what I expected. I cant wait to read book 4. If you have yet to read the series all I can say is what are you waiting for!
Rating:5 out of 5