Series:The Raven Cycle, Book 1
Age Group:14 & up
Description of the Book:“There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St. Mark’s Eve,” Neeve said. “Either you’re his true love . . . or you killed him.”
It is freezing in the churchyard, even before the dead arrive.
Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue herself never sees them—not until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks directly to her.
His name is Gansey, and Blue soon discovers that he is a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.
But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can’t entirely explain. He has it all—family money, good looks, devoted friends—but he’s looking for much more than that. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship student who resents all the privilege around him; Ronan, the fierce soul who ranges from anger to despair; and Noah, the taciturn watcher of the four, who notices many things but says very little.
For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She never thought this would be a problem. But now, as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she’s not so sure anymore.
From Maggie Stiefvater, the bestselling and acclaimed author of the Shiver trilogy and The Scorpio Races, comes a spellbinding new series where the inevitability of death and the nature of love lead us to a place we’ve never been before
Pre-Read:I’m Curious… It Sounds Interesting
- Ok I would be afraid to kiss any one ever if at six I was told you;d kill your true love with a kiss just saying
- Ok so this Gansey guy is kind of into supernatural stuff more than regular people would be
- I feel confused how does sleeping kings go with anything and why is Blue involved. I like this story it keeps you interested and wanting more but I don’t get parts of it.
- ok so I think I get why blue is important
- I want to read book two already and I haven’t even finished this one.
- ok im confused again ahh
- I like the way Gansey thinks and I think that Blues dad disappeared at a ley line this book makes me want to learn
- I don’t get where Ronan’s bird came from and why he name it Chansaw
- I think that Adam’s going to get his heart broken
- So confused ugh
- Finally its making sense Yay. Gansey is an amazing person!
ok first what the hell! I mean it’s a confusing story i may have to re-read it. the book is good but I had no idea what was going on sometimes. Like I get that they were searching for something and they all have something going on but I was thrown when they kept changing the person they were focused on and putting it all together. It all fits together as long as you stick it out and you are really paying attention to everything you are reading. I mean it really is a good story but I had to work to finish it. I love Gansey he seems like someone who I just lost and trying to find himself. Where Ronan is angry and hurt, Then there is Adam well he just bugs me the smug bastard. Then Blue she is well just awesome. Shes Strong, Independent and has a lot of faith in her friends. This is a good book with suspense and mystery. I like that there wasn’t a strong romance factor in it. I think it was a good read. It’s not something I’m saying go read it now. Though I do think it is worth reading and should be read if your into ghost and seers.
Rating:4 out of 5