Series: The Mortal Instruments, Book 2
Publisher:Margret K. McElderly Books
Genre:Paranormal, Urban Fantasy
Age Group:14 & Up
Description of the Book:A murderer is loose in New York City …
… and the victims are Downworlder children. Clary Fray and her fellow Shadowhunters have a strong suspicion that Valentine, Clary’s father, may be behind the killings. But if he is the murderer, then what’s his true motive? To make matters worse, the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, has been stolen, and the mysterious Inquisitor has arrived to investigate, with his eyes vigilantly targeted on Clary’s brother, Jace.
Clary will need to face some terrifying demons and even more terrifying family decisions. No one said that the life of a Shadowhunter would be easy.
Pre-Read: Yay Book Two My goal it to read all the books that are out befor the movie comes out
- Maryse Lightwood is just mean. She’s giving Jace a death glare like its his fault who his dad is
- For some reason I don’t feel right about Jace being Clary’s brother there’s something off about it
- It’s weird that Clary and Jace have romantic feelings towards each other
- Ummm ok yeah you do not kiss your brother like that
- I think Jace has gone bad for good Nooo!!
- So when the inquisitor said Jace could be her son I thought what if he is related to her. I just wont him and Clary to be together. Ugh why is fate so cruel
- I think Alec is a total ass right now
- i feel sad for Alec and Magnus
- Inquisitor Imogen is an idiont I hate her she risked the world for her own selfish reasons.
- I love how Maryse fought for Jace and Protected him the best way she could.
- So something is off about Jace being Clary’s brother I keep thinking about Imogen and how she’s all it can’t be. Then how valentine says something about jace but makes it sound like he may not be his son I’m just saying something is off….
Why Cassandra do I always want to read more of your books I mean come on. I’ve loved series before but I’m in love with The Mortal instruments and the infernal devices series. I love the shadowhunter world. This book was amazing! It starts off with Valentine summoning a demon only for it to end with Jace and Clary coming to terms that they are brother and sister(I refuse to accept this though) Which totally sucks because they would be perfect together. Then you have bunch of other stuff going on that lets you know that there is war coming. Which i kind of thought would happen after reading City of Bones. I loved that Clary is fighting her own inner battle to only end up fighting an actual battle with her father aka the bad guy. I love that you get a chance to see how much Clary and Jace want to be together even though its wrong because they are siblings. This book took my emotions every where then back again. I’m overly excited to read City of Glass cant wait to see what happens next. This is a great series to check out if you get a chance if you have yet to do so I suggest you do.
Rating:5 out of 5